In today’s post, we’re entering into some pretty turbulent waters, opening up a seriously contentious debate, if you will. No, I’m not talking about Chocolatey Mint vs. Chocolate and Vanilla Classic cookies. And I’m not talking about ‘Fire’s Burning’ vs. ‘Taps’ as best ever campfire closing (man, but that would be a good debate). No, I’m talking about what is the ULTIMATE crest storage device. Yes, it’s camp blank vs. camp poncho. Let the debate begin!
My daughter Ella is a super proud member of the 5th Kanata Sparks here in Ottawa. In her two years as a Spark, she’s had some amazing leaders who’ve organized week after week of fun activities. And in this time, Ella has amassed quite the collection of crests. She’s earned crests ranging from 2nd Year Spark, Crazy for Camping, Camp Woolsey 100 Steps Forward, Sing Ontario, Sing, Daughter of the World’s Best Mom, etc. (Okay, that last one I’m making up…)
Now, as the world’s best mom of the world’s cutest Spark, I’m trying to decide what to do with all the crests. Because, well, jamming them all into a ziplock bag labeled ‘ Sew these somewhere someday’ just isn’t cutting it anymore. And, it seems, I have two choices for crest storage device – camp blanket or camp poncho. Each has its merits.
- It’s very blanket-y (i.e. it keeps you warm)
- Works both at camp and while cuddling on the sofa at home
- Blankets will always be in style
- It’s very poncho-ey (i.e. you can wear it around the campfire, while debating whether to sing ‘ Fire’s Burning’ or ‘Taps’)
- Works both as a poncho and – with a quick unfolding – as a blanket
- Ponchos will also always be in style – at Girl Guide camp
Hmm, so it seems I haven’t really solved my dilemma. Dear bloggy friends, please help me – which should I order on the girlguidestore.ca – the camp blanket or the camp poncho?
By Mary, GGC staff