Empowering. Challenging. Inspiring. And just plain awesome. Travelling with Girl Guides has it all. Whether it’s exploring the hidden corners of London where Guiding began, seeing the out-of-this-world vistas of Newfoundland and Labrador, or high-fiving your fellow Girl Guides as you finish your hike through the Swiss Alps, there’s nothing like a Girl Guide travel experience.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should put a Girl Guide trip on your bucket list. (P.S. Now is the perfect time! Applications for our 2019 National-Sponsored Trips close on Wednesday, September 12.)
- The adventure quotient is off the charts. Hiking the alps. Exploring Ecuador. Many Girl Guide trips are designed to stoke your sense of adventure and give you the chance to reach new heights.
View this post on Instagram
Some breathtaking pictures from the St John’s Parkside Travel District’s trip to Switzerland. Do you want to experience travelling with Girl Guides of Canada too? Applications for 2019’s Nationally-Sponsored trips just opened up! Check out the link in our bio to apply. Girl and Guider opportunities available! #girlguidesofcanada
View this post on Instagram
🇪🇨 Ecuador is one of those countries whose beauty can only really be captured in person. Between the stunning colours that endlessly intertwined between the buildings and the gorgeous fabrics covering the shoulders of each person walking by to the kind hearts of the local people willing to share a little bit of their lives with us, there’s no end to the beauty of this country. The girls I attended this trip with were the true MVPs. Each and every one of them has their special qualities that I’m going to miss (including Kiera’s wiggly eyebrows). You guys are awesome, crazy funny and so supportive. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of pals to help build a school with. Thank you guys so much for making this an awesome trip and thanks to Alberta Council – Girl Guides for making my last trip as a girl member a spectacular one! ❤️ #GGC #AlbertaCouncil #GirlGuidesofCanada #GGCtravel (Side note: there’s no real order to these photos and aren’t my greatest captures tbh 🤷🏻♀️ & I used some pics from Taralyn & Asia as well❤️)
2. If the sights, sounds and lights of big cities are your thing, we’ve got you covered. From Paris, London to Rome, Girl Guide travel experiences will have you saying ‘Oui, merci!’ to exploring some of this globe’s most dynamic urban centres.
3. You’ll discover just how amazing Canada really is. Fact: Canada is the second largest country in the world. So there’s a lot to see and discover in the true North-East-and-West strong and free. A Girl Guide trip is way better than an old-school geography class for making you say ‘Oh Canada!’
4. You’ll get the chance to see and do. Sure, you’ll see lots of amazing sites and meet some great people on your trip. But many Girl Guide trips also offer the chance to take part in local service projects.
— 4th UK Trip (@4th_UK) July 24, 2018
— 4th UK Trip (@4th_UK) July 26, 2018
5. You’ll meet some super cool girls. It’s hard not to make new friends when you travel together. Whether it’s while sharing some amazing new food, sitting together on a long flight or cracking inside jokes as you spend days and days exploring a new country, you can’t help but form new friendships that are totally solid.
London. Rome. Paris. The Amazon. Newfoundland and Labrador. These are just some of the destinations you can apply for as part of our Nationally-Sponsored Trips program. Hurry! The deadline is September 12.